Guide to Use the Zoom Meeting App on Apple TV
Published On : August 22, 2022 by: Sakshi/Category(s) : Technology
One of the best ways to keep in touch with friends and family who live far away is to use the Zoom Meeting app on your Apple TV. Zoom provides online meetings, video conversations, and collaborative projects for remote conferences. You can quickly download Zoom to your Apple TV and begin holding video conferences with your loved ones. Zoom is available for free, however, there are paid subscriptions that come with extra features. With Zoom, you can easily connect with loved ones no matter where they are in the world. Here comes the best part, you can get the Zoom Meeting on Apple TV.
Zoom meeting app makes video calls easy to communicate with others. For starting or joining a meeting, use the video telephony service. You can participate in video conferencing, online meetings, seminars, etc. with the Zoom app. Additionally, it enables you to communicate with anyone using instant messages. Zoom also gives you access to conference rooms and video webinars. Zoom is therefore useful for holding meetings for both professional and personal purposes. Let us quickly know how to install Zoom Meetings on Apple TV.
Zoom Meetings App: All you need to know is here!
Meetings can be held using Zoom for both professional and social purposes. It provides you with pristine audio and video quality. Additionally, to share the ideas, you will be able to screen share and co-annotate. This post will inform you about the Zoom app on Apple TV even though it is a multi-platform software by design.
The Apple TV doesn’t support the Zoom App. The Zoom app isn’t right now compatible with Apple TV. Therefore, it cannot be installed on the tvOS. Only smartphones like the iPhone, iPad, and Android are compatible with it. Additionally, you can register and utilize it using a browser online. You may stream Zoom teleconferencing from the iOS or Mac screen to Apple TV using AirPlay technology. By doing this, you will indeed be able to attend the Zoom conference from the TV screen with anybody.
Unveil the latest features of Zoom below:
- The new desktop client from Zoom is compacted into a single window and has a contemporary, uncluttered appearance. Information about your meetings is available on the Home tab.
- The classic 4 icons remain the same for starting, scheduling, joining, and wirelessly sharing a meeting in a Zoom Room. Your Personal Meeting ID can now be found under New Meeting.
- With just one click, you can now initiate or attend a meeting after seeing its details in this expanded view.
- You can change the background image.
- Locating contacts, messages, files, or chat channels is simple by using Elevating Search.
- To access your preferences, update your status, and choose between portrait (narrow) and landscape (wide) view options, tap on your image.
Also Read: Use Zoom on Android Smart TV
How to Use the Apple TV’s Zoom App?
The steps for using the Zoom app on tvOS with the aid of iOS and a Mac PC are covered in the section below.
Things you Need in Advance:
- Official Zoom app
- Zoom login information
- Internet access
- Version 5.0.5 or higher of Zoom Rooms
- Role with Zoom Rooms editing capabilities
- Conference room Zoom Rooms
- Windows: 5.0.5 or a higher version
- macOS: 5.0.5 or a later version
- Android version 5.0.5 or higher is required for Zoom Rooms Controller
- Apple iOS: 5.0.5 or higher
How do I turn on AirPlay (Apple’s screen mirroring)?
- Access the Zoom website by logging in.
- After selecting Room Management, select Zoom Rooms.
- This setting can be made available for a particular room or location by using location hierarchy. To make it available for the entire account, click Account Settings.
- Go to the Meeting tab, and click on it.
- Switch the Apple Screen Mirroring settings on by clicking the button next to them.
- If a verification dialogue box appears, select Enable to confirm the modification.
- If you want to enable this setting, check the box beside each other Start the Apple Screen Mirroring service manually.
iOS-based AirPlay Zoom App for Apple TV:
You may screen mirror the conference screen to tvOS if you have the Zoom software installed on your iPhone or iPad.
- Keep your Apple TV and iOS devices linked to the same WiFi network.
- Open the Zoom app on your iPhone or iPad by selecting it in the applications list.
- Install it from the App Store in case you don’t already have it.
- Rotate the iOS display so that it is in landscape mode.
- To access Control Center, swipe down from the top or up from the bottom.
- To screen mirror, select the AirPlay icon (Screen Mirror option).
- From the list of AirPlay devices, select the name of your Apple TV.
- With your Zoom ID and password, join the meeting.
You can go to the Control Center and select Disconnect AirPlay once the Zoom meeting is over.
Is Zoom Fatigue A Concern For You? Find How To Combat Zoom Fatigue?
Accessing a Mac to AirPlay Zoom App to Apple TV:
You may log into your account to join Zoom meetings from Mac to tvOS because Zoom is accessible online.
- Use the browser to go to https://zoom.us/ and log into your Zoom account.
- Select the AirPlay Display icon by clicking in the top right area.
- To link Mac with it, choose the tvOS name from the list of supported devices.
- You might have to decide on the Zoom room’s name.
- Enter the AirPlay code and hit OK on the prompt.
- To join the conference, you must now enter the passcode as it appears on the Zoom room screen.
- You must click Disconnect AirPlay on Mac to end the Zoom meeting on tvOS after the meeting.
- In the Apple menu’s upper right corner, select the screen mirroring symbol.
- To start the screen share, click on the name of the Zoom Room.
- The sharing password entry prompt will display.
- As it appeared on the screen of your Zoom Room, enter the passcode.
- To stop sharing, click Disconnect Airplay.
Trending: 14 Best Random Video Chat Apps to Talk To Strangers in 2022
Why Is Zoom Not Responding to Apple TV: Troubleshooting steps-
Zoom can occasionally stop working for a variety of reasons since Apple TV 4k and lesser models can only access Zoom over AirPlay.
- Once the TV and casting device is not connected to the same WiFi, the Zoom meeting app might not function.
- erratic or poor internet connectivity.
- incorrect meeting password or ID
- Using a previous version of the smartphone app.
As a result, you may screen share your Zoom Cloud Meeting to Apple TV via AirPlay. You can catch up on your internet session in this way while lounging on the couch. If you experience audio problems, you should probably use a Bluetooth Speaker on the Apple TV. You can access Zoom on Firestick and Fire TV in addition to Apple TV.
So, that was all in our post to help you get Zoom meeting on Apple TV and we hope you liked it!