How to Activate Twitch TV on Fire Tv, Roku, Xbox and PS3/Ps4 Devices?
Published On : June 4, 2021 / Last Modified on : October 4, 2021 by Staff Writer / Category(s) : Streaming Services
If you are a full-time gamer and want to do it part-time, activating Twitch TV to facilitate the services is always the best you can achieve with. Twitch TV is a platform to watch and play gameplay videos as well as live gameplay on the server. But access the well-adapted services, you will need to activate Twitch TV services via twitch.tv/activate page. Confused with the steps on how to stream the services, well, don’t worry this blog is dedicatedly written to support your query.
Twitch, is an American video live watching service with a strong base of 100 million viewers per month. The platform is owned and operated by Twitch Interactive, Amazon.com Inc. As of now, you know more about the services, let’s get into activation steps. But before anything, seek the steps to create a Twitch TV account.
How to Create an Account on Twitch TV via twitch.tv/activate
Before implementing the Twitch TV activation steps, create an account on Twitch TV. Here are the steps:
- Open your favorite browser and browse twitch.tv/activate by using the address bar.
- Now, click for the “Sign up” button and you will see the registration form carrying – Join Twitch Today – pop-up screen.
- Enter all the details and select a user name, set your password. You also need to include your e-mail address and your DOB.
- In the next step, pick the option you want to not be a robot and then tap on the “Sign up” button.
- Alternatively, you can also register yourself with your Facebook account and not enter all the information. It will open your Facebook account with the credentials. Now, follow the on-screen instructions to create an account, and then make sure to log in to Twitch TV.
Steps to Activate Twitch TV on Different Devices with twitch.tv/activate Page
Here are all the major guidelines that can be implemented on different devices.
Activate Twitch TV Services on ROKU
- To activate your Twitch TV services on the Roku media player, you need to log in to your Roku account first. In case, you are a newbie, then create your account first as a new user.
- Now, visit Roku Home and search and click on the Channel Store.
- From the store, search for the Twitch TV app and download and install it on Roku.
- In the next step, go to the Channel option mentioning below to get the six-digit activation code.
- Visit www.twitch.tv/activate and log in to the Twitch account to enter the six-digit activation code in the right space.
- Now, press the activate button to complete the steps.
Activate Twitch TV Services on PlayStation (For PS3/ PS4)
- Launch your PlayStation.
- Then you need to open the PS Play Store and find the Twitch TV app. Download and install your Twitch TV.
- After this, do visit the Twitch.tv/activate link and complete the log-in process to the Twitch account. After this, you will get the six-digit code on your available screen.
- Open the downloaded Twitch TV app and press the Sign-in button to enter login details.
- Right after this, enter the six-digit activation code on the next screen.
- And voila! Twitch TV will be activated on the Play Station.
Activate Twitch TV Services on Xbox
Another smart device that you can choose to activate the Twitch TV is on the Xbox gaming consoles.
- Start by signing in to your Xbox account, once you did go to the dashboard and press the Store tab.
- Now, go to the Apps section and search for “Twitch TV” to download and install the application on the system.
- Next, visit Twitch.tv/activate and sign in to your Twitch account with the right login information.
- In the next step, launch the app you downloaded from the Xbox store and enter the six-digit application code in the given space to activate the Twitch TV on the Xbox.
- Click Activate and wait for the completion of the process.
Activate Twitch TV on Your Amazon Firestick
Twitch is Amazon’s subsidiary, hence, activating the services on your FireStick is easy as well as quick to achieve.
- Start by connecting your Amazon Firestick to your TV and download the Twitch TV app.
- Install the app on your device and launch it after the installation is complete.
- Select the Login options from the left bottom corner and navigate to the Twitch.tv/Activate in the website using login credentials.
- The six-digit activation code will appear on the Twitch, hence enter it on the next window, then press Activate.
- After the process is finished, you are logged into the Twitch TV on the Amazon Firestick successfully.
Complete This Additional Twitch TV Configuration after Installation Process
Any application extensions can improve the application’s performance, so does for Twitch. Follow the below-mentioned guide:
#1 Open the Twitch dashboard
- Right after logging into the Twitch account, navigate to the dashboard and then open the new “Extension Manager” tab. Then, you’ll see two sections, one is “Installed Extensions” and the other is “Available Extensions.”
- To install the extensions, click “Install” placed on the right side of the extension cord.
- Now, check for the “Installed Extensions” list and click on the “Extension Manager” tab in order to view the Installed Extensions.
- Once the extension is installed, click on the ‘Continue Browsing’ option to complete the setup.
How to Fix if Twitch.tv/activate Is Not Working?
At times, when users had a lot of problems with Twitch TV to activate. That’s why to ease up everything, here are the steps that you can follow if the Twitch.tv/activate doesn’t work.
1. Restart the Device
To restart the computer and send the code, first go to the menu bar >Twitch > Activation > now the activation code will appear, enter it in the six-code authentication, and then check whether or not the issue has been resolved.
2. Changing the HDMI Cable
Many users have also mentioned the problem solved by adjusting the HDMI cable.
Twitch has taken providing premium service and a first-class update with a customer support system. However, there are lots of technical glitches that can hinder your overall experience. Therefore, follow the exact steps indicated in this Twitch TV Activate Guide to get twitch accounts easily. Find your favorite shows and watch the binge at any time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) –
Q. How do you activate twitch on PS4?
- Launch the PlayStation and navigate to the Store Play.
- Find and install the Twitch TV app on the PS.
- Go to twitch.tv/activate on your computer and sign up with credentials for your Twitch account.
- You must take the activation code into account. It would have been 6 digits.
- Start the app on your PlayStation, sign in using your credential, and enter the code.
Q. How do I activate my twitch account?
All you need to do is, visit the official website using your smartphone or laptop and make sure you’re logged in to your Twitch account. Enter the code that shows on your Twitch app on PlayStation. Select OK and enjoy watching or broadcasting the content.
Q. How do I log into twitch on my TV?
To successfully sign up for an account, go to https://www.twitch.tv site and select the Signup button. This will open the login / Sign Up screen. To sign up for a new account on Twitch, fill out the Sign-Up form.
Q. Does twitch cost money?
Twitch is free to use service for viewers and streamers. So you can easily register an account on the streaming portal, watch streamers and entertain them on your own channel without paying a cent. Twitch is free of charge for viewers and streamers.