Comprehensive Guide to Activate Sync My Ride5 (1)
Sync my Ride is a smart feature provided by SYNC that allows you to use your voice to manage calls, select applications, listen to music, and do a variety of other things via Ford AppLink. This technology also enables users to keep their eyes on the road and their hands on the steering wheel. SYNC communicates between your vehicle and your phone via Bluetooth® wireless technology. To make and receive calls or listen to music, you can use voice commands and other simple controls, such as steering wheel buttons. SYNC, like a universal remote control, controls systems other than your phone. If you recently purchased a new Ford vehicle and have yet to configure it for Sync My Ride, please see the information provided below. The instructions below will help you set up and activate Sync My Ride on the syncmyride.com/activate page.
Access to Activate Sync My Ride on syncmyride.com/activate Page
When you learn how to easily configure the Ford Sync My Ride technology, you will be able to experience and enjoy the latest connectivity features, such as Ford+Alexa, SYNC AppLink, SYNC Connect FordPass, SYNC Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot, and using only your smartphone. The steps for connecting your phone are outlined below.
To Activate SYNC Ride on syncmyride.com/activate
1. You must first create an account on the Ford Sync My Ride website. Simply open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer and navigate to the Sync My Ride page.
2. When you arrive at the website, select the “HELLO, YOUR NAME” option, followed by the “Your Settings” option.
3. Next, in the Settings section, navigate to the “Vehicles & SYNC” tab.
4. Then, under the “Vehicles & SYNC” section, locate the “SYNC Mobile Settings” option and select the “Add a Number” option.
5. Following that, you must enter your phone number and the desired nickname. It should be noted that your phone will remember your Nickname.
6. Then, download and install the Ford Sync Destinations application on your phone, and finally, enable the Bluetooth feature on your phone. When you start your Ford, it will automatically connect.
Using the syncmyride.com/activate Page to activate Sync My Ride
To learn how to activate Sync My Ride on the syncmyride.com/activate page, please see the instructions below.
1. Using the URL com/activate, open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer and navigate to the Sync My Ride activation page.
2. Once you’ve arrived at the activation page, click the Register/Sign in button in the upper-right corner of the screen. You’ll be taken to the next page.
3. On the following page, enter your email or username and password in the provided fields and then click the Sign In button.
4. Then, simply follow the on-screen prompts to finish the activation process.
5. If you require assistance with the Sync My Ride feature activation process, you can click on the Support option on the activation page and browse through the assistance options to find an answer to your specific query.
Ford SYNC’s Distinctive Features
- SYNC AppLink features allow you to quickly launch and manage your favorite smartphone apps using voice commands or your Ford’s touchscreen.
- Ford+Alexa is a lifesaver if you need traffic information for your office or a nearby shop on the way to work. Ford+Alexa provides over 30,000 skills to make your life easier, as well as the ability to connect with supported smart devices in your home.
- If you want remote control and security, the SYNC Connect FordPass feature is ideal. This feature allows you to easily track the location of your vehicle, learn vital service information, chill the cabin before entering, and lock or unlock it remotely.
- The SYNC Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot allows users to connect to up to ten different supported devices at the same time, while also providing access within a 50-foot radius of the vehicle.
- You can take and place calls, send/read/reply to text messages, check voicemail messages, and stream music with the SYNC 3 Android Auto/Apple CarPlay feature. You can also get real-time traffic updates and voice-guided navigation.
So, to activate the Sync My Ride on the syncmyride.com/activate page, you’ll need to follow the above-mentioned steps.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. In a car, what does sync mean?
SYNC is a simple in-car connectivity system that lets you make hands-free calls and control your music and other features with voice commands.
Q. Where did Sync My Ride go?
Ford has taken the critical step of phasing out SYNC® Services. The ability to purchase or renew a paid SYNC Services subscription will be unavailable beginning July 1, 2017.
Q. What’s wrong with my Ford Sync?
If your phone is still having problems connecting to SYNC, try the troubleshooting tips below. Turn Bluetooth off, then on your phone. Press the Phone button, then select System Settings from the drop-down menu. Scroll down to Connect Bluetooth Dev and press OK. Press the Phone button, then select System Settings from the drop-down menu. Scroll down to Connect Bluetooth Device and press OK. Scroll down to [select your phone] and press OK.
Q. What steps do I need to take to update my Ford Sync?
- To update SYNC3 via USB, follow these steps.
- Log into your Ford Owner account at Owner.Ford.com on your personal computer.
- At the top of the page, select “SYNC & Vehicle Features.”
- After that, select “Check for Software Updates.”
- Scroll down to see if your vehicle has any available updates.
- Select “Download SYNC Update” from the drop-down menu.
Q. What are the signs that my Ford Sync needs to be updated?
Go to your SYNC Owner account and log in. Visit the SYNC Software Updates page for more information. If you receive a notification that says, “You recently downloaded an update,” then confirm an update.
Q. What is the cost of updating Ford Sync?
The download of SYNC 3 does not cost anything. An active SYNC Owner account is required. If you don’t already have one, you can sign up or register yourself.
Q. What’s the best way to get Google Maps on my Ford Sync?
To do so, users go to Google Maps and look for a specific location. They select an address by clicking on it, then clicking more and selecting send. They then choose the car, click Ford, and enter their SYNC TDI (Traffic, Directions, and Information) account number.
Q. What apps are compatible with Ford Sync or available through SYNC AppLink?
Tidal Music, Ford + Alexa (not available in Canada yet), IHeartRadio, Slacker Radio, Pandora, Waze Navigation, and Live Travel are just a few of Ford Sync’s well-known apps.