Wanna Set Up And Use Microsoft Autofill? Here’s What You Need To Do
Published On : March 30, 2021 by: Staff Writer/Category(s) : Microsoft
It’s always a hassle to remember a long, complex password that includes numeric and special characters. To save you from this hassle, Microsoft launched its new password manager extension, known as Microsoft Autofill that gives you the authority to manage your passwords of daily usage on Google Chrome and other web browsers. Popular as a Chrome extension, when you set up Microsoft autofill, it securely saves your passwords and fills them automatically when the next time you visit the site.
In a nutshell, this feature will help you to fill in the usernames and passwords for you across several platforms on different web browsers. With this, you can quickly get through the log-in pages without performing the login procedure again. With this guide, we quickly provide the best learning guide on how to use and set up Microsoft Autofill password manager. Here’s what you need to perform to get started.
Simplify Your Life With Secured Microsoft’s Autofill Platform
No matter which browser you use on your pc/ laptop, you can totally rely on Microsoft’s astounding feature to autofill all your personal information with ease. Whether it be your contact details (name, address) or a password, Microsoft Autofill will type the details by own when you need them. Using this Chrome Autofill extension, you can save and secure your online passwords to avoid the difficulty of remembering passwords. The application works well on all the major devices like Windows, Android Smartphones, macOS, and iOS.
Effective Guide on Setting up and Manage Passwords with Microsoft Autofill
Here’s how to quickly set up and use Microsoft Autofill for popular web browsers like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and much more.
How to Put UP Microsoft Autofill on Chrome
In case, you are using Chrome, you need to follow these steps:
- Start by visiting this link, and then tap the ‘Add to Chrome’ button to successfully install the extension on your chrome browser.
- After completing the Microsoft Autofill chrome extension installation process, you will first need to click on the Extensions icon and then tap the Microsoft Autofill.
- Next, you will need to complete the sign-in process by using the login credentials of your Microsoft account. For this, tap on the “Sign in with Microsoft” option to proceed further.
- Once you have logged in, you will see that the Authenticator extension icon turned out too blue, so make sure to click on it.
- Now, go to the Manage Passwords option and click on it. Here, you will see all the saved passwords that are linked with the Autofill option.
- To check them, tap the show button (eye) available next to your account.
- More than this, to add a new address, tap the option “Add” and complete the form. Additionally, to edit or delete a saved password, click the three dots available to the right of the password entry, and then from the dropdown menu, choose the “Delete” or “Edit” option.
How to Set up Autofill on Microsoft Edge
If you are a potential Microsoft Edge user, then follow these steps:
- Start by tapping on the three-dot menu button placed at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now, you will need to navigate to the Settings option and click on it.
- Tap on Profiles available in the left pane and then choose the Passwords option on the right.
- Don’t forget to turn on the option, which says “Offer to save passwords”.
Setting up Microsoft Autofill on iPad and iPhone
- Explore the App Store to search and download the “Microsoft Authenticator” app. Click on the Open button.
- Once the Authenticator app opens up, click on the Add account option and complete the sign-in process with your Microsoft account.
- Once you are signed in, click on Passwords and then tap the option “Sync with…” After syncing your account, your major usernames and passwords will be displayed.
- But before starting utilizing the autofill function, you will be asked to choose Authenticator as your default autofill provider. For this, you will require to go to your Settings app and then search for the “AutoFill Passwords” option.
- Next, uncheck the iCloud Keychain and then check the Authenticator option.
- Finally, start using the Microsoft Autofill on your iPad or iPhone.
Steps for Setting up Autofill on Android Device
For smart Android devices, you have to download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app to use its autofill feature.
- To begin the process, go to the Play Store option and search for the “Microsoft Authenticator” and then click on the Install button.
- Alternatively, tap this link and then make sure that you are signed in with the same ID on your pc and phone. Now, click on the Install button.
- After installing the app, click on Open and then tap “Sign in with Microsoft” to the successful login process. Make sure to enter your Microsoft username and password in the specified field.
- In the next step, tap the “Passwords” option placed at the bottom of the screen, and then select the option “Sync with….”.
- Once your account is successfully synced, all your saved usernames and passwords will display on the screen. But before using the autofill feature, tap the option “Set as autofill provider” to access permission.
- Next, click on the Authenticator option and then tap OK.
How to Set up Autofill on Firefox
- Launch Firefox web browser and tap the three horizontal lines placed at the top-right corner of the window.
- From the drop-down menu, tap “Options” to open the navigation pane.
- Next, in the navigation pane available on the left, click on the “Privacy & Security” option.
- Next, scroll down the page to reach the History section and then choose “Remember history”.
- Now, from the Forms and Autofill section, click on the “Autofill addresses” option.
- To save your regular accessing passwords, navigate to the “Logins and Passwords” option and then check for the option, which says “Ask to save logins and passwords for websites,” and then select “Autofill logins and passwords.”
- Next, to add or edit passwords or addresses, tap on the “Saved Addresses…” and at that moment type new addresses simply by using the “Add” button. You can also select an address to edit or remove the link, for this click the “Edit” or “Remove” option.
With this, we conclude the steps on how to set up and use the Microsoft Autofill feature to manage all your passwords.