Published On : March 22, 2022 by: Staff Writer/Category(s) : Roku
Just from the TITLE, you must have had an idea about what this blog talks about. Through this tutorial, you will get the step-by-step approach to stream content from Kodi on Roku. Whether you own the old Roku streaming player or have the latest model with these furnished steps you can easily install Kodi on Roku and start watching the amazing content online.
This 2-minute guide will help you to install Kodi on Roku. So without any further delay, check out the major steps (provided below).
Potential users who are new to Kodi must keep a note that you cannot directly set up Kodi on Roku. However, there are several other ways to stream content from Kodi on Roku and start watching your favorite show, series, or movies without any hindrance. For this, the alternatives are –
To make the steps successful, be sure that your Kodi media player is running on an Android or Windows device. At the same time, you must have a Roku device that fully supports the screen mirroring feature. Apart from this, you also need a VPN network if you are willing to install Kodi on a Roku media player. Check out these few reasons that state why a VPN is important –
If you using Roku version 3 or more, users can easily complete the installation process, because these devices are well-equipped with pre-installed cast functionality.
Method 1 – Setup Kodi on Roku via Screen Mirroring Option
Steps to follow to install Kodi on Roku Device via screen mirroring.
Voila! Now, you will be eligible to stream Kodi content on your Roku streaming player. In case, you are connecting via an Android device, make sure to select “Settings” and then navigate to “Connections”. After this, choose the “Screen mirroring” option and then add your device.
Important Note: Make sure that both the devices must be connected to the same internet network.
Method 2 – Get Kodi on Roku through Windows PC
Firstly, you will require to install Kodi on Windows PC and then turn on your Roku device to connect it with your PC. For connection, you can use an HDMI cable and start streaming Kodi. Below are the proven steps that you need to follow:
Make sure that you have installed and running Kodi on your Windows PC
This addon may be found in Kodi’s official repository, the Kodi Add-ons Repository. Catch Up TV & More only provides access to free channels that are available for legal streaming. CBS News, ABC News, PBS Kids and more programs are available under the US section.
How to Locate and Install Live TV Addons on Kodi:
– Launch Kodi.
– Using the left-hand (primary) menu, select ‘Add-ons.’
– Then, choose or hover your cursor above ‘Download’ (using the left-placed menu, again).
– Make sure you check the box next to ‘Video Add-ons.’
Following are the Best Kodi Addons for Movies & TV Shows:
– The Oath. Kodi 19 and Kodi 18. …
– Asgard. Kodi 19 and Kodi 18. …
– Morpheus. Kodi 19 and Kodi 18. …
– Black Lightning. Kodi 19 and Kodi 18. …
– 4K. Kodi 19 and Kodi 18. …
– Exodus Redux. Kodi 18 Only. …
– The Magic Dragon. Kodi 18 Only. …
– GAIA. Kodi 18 Only.
– Using an HDMI cable, connect the Roku Device to the Roku TV.
– Turn on both devices.
– Select the System option from the Roku TV’s Settings menu.
– Activate the Screen Mirroring option by clicking on it.
– Install KODI by downloading it from the manufacturer’s website.
Plex.tv is one of the finest Kodi alternatives. This is applicable not only to Premium Subscribers but also to free material. Installing Plex TV on your Android device allows you to access free live TV, movies, and TV shows at any time. You may subscribe to the premium service at any moment to watch live TV and record recordings.
Kodi is open-source software that allows you to manage your local library of movies, television episodes, music, and photographs. You might recall it as the old Xbox Media Center (XBMC).
It is simple to set up the Kodi Android app. Simply go to the Kodi item in the Google Play Store and select the install button. If you are unable to access Kodi through the Google Play Store, you may download it through the official Kodi website.
– Choose the Kodi apk file.
– You will be sent to another confirmation screen, where you must select “install.”
– Wait for the installation to finish.
– You have now successfully installed Kodi for Android!