In today’s digital world, the safety of all your online account details depends heavily on the strength of your chosen password. Having a weak password for your online accounts increases the chances of getting hacked by hackers. At the same time, having a similar password for multiple accounts can also lead to a major risk. In such a situation, you are required to create a strong password with at least six or eight characters including the Capital and Numeric digit.
When you create your account password, some of the sites might ask you for a capital letter with a special character, just to ensure it sound safe. Meanwhile, when you are creating these passwords, make sure to choose not so complicated and unique password that creates a burden for your mind to recall. To save you from this havoc situation, Google offers all their users the ability to save their passwords online. By getting this feature, all the saved passwords of your different accounts can be auto-filled and easily be seen by the user, this will ease the entire process to log-into online accounts.
Apart from this, Goggle has upped the level of their services by offering users the facility to diagnose their account passwords. With the latest update of version 88, this feature has been included in the Chrome browser. From now onwards, users are eligible to see if their password is weak or strong enough to mislead the hackers. In case, your accessible password is weak then you will see a pop-up window that will guide you to change the password from the browser. Other than this, you also have the facility to edit all your saved passwords without facing any hassle.
This blog is helpful to find weak passwords and change them on Chrome. With the password settings shortcut, you are allowed to check your passwords, edit them, and lastly saved them with such consummate ease.
Things You Need –
• Make sure to have the Chrome app on your PC or mobile.
• The Google Chrome version must be updated to v88 or newer.
• Strong internet connection for the procedure.
Editor’s recommendation: Google’s Attempt to Increase the Accuracy of its Voice Assistant
Things you need to do:
• On your pc, make sure to open Chrome and tap on the 3-dot icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
• Now, navigate to “Help” and then choose “About Google Chrome.”
• On your mobile device, open the Chrome app and then click on the 3-dot icon.
• Now, go to Settings options> About Chrome.
Following are the steps, you need to consider for the process:
Here’s how to find out which of your stored passwords in your Google account are weak, and then how to change them immediately.
• On your pc device, visit google.com and then make sure to tap on the profile icon available in the top right corner of the screen.
• Now, click on the accessible Passwords icon.
• Whereas, on your mobile, make sure to open the Chrome app, and then click on the 3-dot icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
• After this, go to the Settings option to choose Passwords settings.
• In the next step, click on the Check Passwords. And Chrome will automatically analyze all your saved passwords and provide you the report.
• Now, you can see all your weak passwords along with the details of sites where these passwords are used.
Handpicked related content: Remove Google Chrome Notifications– Make it possible today!
• Now, in the list of weak passwords, you can show the Change Password button. Therefore, you will require to tap on the “Change password” button and modify your weak passwords.
• In the next step, log into the site with the current password and then look for the option to change the password.
• With this step, you will definitely change your existing password.
• Once you complete the process, you can save your new password on Google Chrome.
• After this, tap on the “Update” button to change the old password with the new one, and you are done.
Handpicked Relevant Read: Google Sued for $5 billion for tracking users in Incognito mode