Ways To Fix Ticketmaster Error Code 0002 | Easy Guide
Published On : October 25, 2021 by: Sakshi Sharma/Category(s) : Misc, Trending
The error number 0002 in Ticketmaster, while frustrating, isn’t necessarily a cause for alarm. The Ticketmaster error code 0002 message indicates the application wasn’t able to complete your request. This could be because the website was too busy to process your request, or the information you provided was inaccurate.
Error situations, in general, happen because of some sort of technical issue, and Ticketmaster is no exception. If you’re experiencing error 0002, there’s only one way to find out exactly why. In this post, you will discover about the 0002 error, why do you experience it and how can you fix this issue. So stay with us till the end because you are going to learn much more about it. Till the bottom of the post, you will be free from all your concerns and there will be no more doubts left. You will know what you will have to do since then whenever you will encounter 0002 errors in your Ticketmaster app.
What Is The Ticketmaster Error Code 0002?
When consumers attempt to purchase tickets through Ticketmaster, the error number 0002 appears. This occurs when you finally choose the tickets you want after waiting in the Ticketmaster line but are unable to:
- Add them to your shopping cart.
- Tickets already in the cart are unable to be checked out.
- The error notice reads: Sorry, we were unable to complete your request; please try again later. 0002 is the error code.
Officials at Ticketmaster have acknowledged the problem on their official help forums, but have not provided a clear solution. Instead of detailing what is going on behind the scenes, general fixes are given.
What Causes The Ticketmaster Error Code 0002 ‘We Were Unable To Process Your Request’?
The reasons are divided into the following sections:
Issues with the server: There’s probably nothing you can do in this situation but try again. When Ticketmaster’s servers get overwhelmed due to a large number of audience is attempting to purchase a hot ticket, this is a recognized issue.
Issues at Customer’s end: In this instance, the problem is primarily with your web browser or a web application on your mobile device.
Clear Cookies And Cache To Solve Error Code 0002 In Ticketmaster
Any old data or faulty information saved in your browser will be cleared simply by clearing your cookies and cache. Take a look at the steps below to clear them on Google Chrome. If you’re using a different browser, you can follow the same instructions.
- Locate the three dots symbol in the upper right corner of your Chrome browser and click it. Click More Tools from the dropdown box and select Clear Browsing Data, or just press Ctrl+Shift+Del.
- Choose a time range for the browser to automatically delete data. Select all of the choices from the provided list. e.g., History of Browsing (not Mandatory)
- Cookies and other data from the site
- Images and files cached
- Click Clear data once you’ve selected all of them. Make sure you choose a period of time that is long enough.
- If this doesn’t work, make sure you always clean the data before trying again.
Your first step is to clear the cache on your internet browser. To clear the cache, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Click on the “control” button on your browser’s menu bar, and select “Internet Options.”
- Tap on the “Privacy” tab, and click the “Delete” button.
- Select “OK” to clear your cache.
Note: Clearing the cache will remove temporary files, but will not delete any of the data stored on your hard drive.
- If the cache clears the problem, continue to the next step. Once the browser cache is cleared, reload Ticketmaster, and attempt to purchase tickets. If they still aren’t working, try reloading the page a few times.
- If that doesn’t work, call Ticketmaster’s customer service line at 1-800-514-3849.
- Ticketmaster customer service reps should be able to troubleshoot the issue for you. If they can’t, they may be able to refer you to a highly trained technical consultant who’ll be able to help.
- If clearing the cache and reloading the website doesn’t resolve the error, contact Ticketmaster’s customer service line.
- Once you’ve called Ticketmaster, you should be able to either resolve the error or have it escalated to a supervisor. Ticketmaster customer service staff will be able to tell you how to resolve the issue.
Use Incognito Window
- When you use Incognito Windows, the cookies saved in your browser or cache aren’t utilized when you make requests. This eliminates any faulty data in the browser that might be triggering the Error 0002 while trying to purchase tickets. Look at the steps below to see how to open an Incognito tab.
- Open your browser and press Ctrl+Shift+N, or click the three dots symbol in the right corner and select New incognito window from the drop-down menu.
- Now try purchasing the tickets to see if it works.
How To Use Ticketmaster On A Mobile Phone
If none of the above ways work, go to Ticketmaster and open the platform in your smartphone browser or use the official Ticketmaster app to get your ticket.
What If All The Troubleshooting Methods Fail?
This error code is quite common. It occurs when users try to buy tickets, but once they click the ticket in the cart, the tickets get deactivated. Usually, this happens because the two sessions the browser makes cannot be merged.
- To resolve this error, close Ticketmaster completely and reopen it.
- Clearing your cache and cookies may also help.
- If clearing your browser’s cache and cookies doesn’t work, try closing your browser completely and reopening it.
- If closing the browser entirely and reopening it doesn’t help, try using a different browser.
- If clearing the cache and cookies and using a different browser doesn’t help, try closing your browser and reopening it.
- If the above steps don’t work, try contacting Ticketmaster support.
Also Read: Fix Live Nation Error 0002
Whether none of the following ways work, check to see if the Ticketmaster service is available. There have been several instances where the platform has been brought down due to an excessive number of users attempting to purchase a ticket. We hope you liked this post!