Check out a few smart ways to Delete Apps on iPhone
Published On : December 6, 2021 by: Sakshi Sharma/Category(s) : iPhone, Trending
Have too many apps cluttered your home screen? It’s time to clean the house and delete unnecessary apps. Whether you’re using an iPhone, iPad, iCloud, Mac, Windows, Android, Apple Watch, Chromebook, or Apple TV, we’ll show you how to delete apps and free up storage space. App deletion may seem daunting to someone who has never done it. But fear not! App deletion is easy to do whether you use an iOS user or an Android user.
For those of us addicted to our electronics, the seemingly endless supply of apps available for download is a blessing and a curse. While so many apps bring us fun and entertainment, there’s a good chance a few of them have gone unused since the day you downloaded them. Welcome to iMore! We’re going to walk you through how to delete an app on your iPhone or any other device that runs our favorite operating system. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
Steps to delete Apps on iOS Devices like iPhone and iPad-
- You will find the process quite simple. So, to remove or delete an application from your iPhone, first, move to the home screen. Find the application you want to delete and press and hold the app icon. You will get an option of ‘Remove App’ followed by ‘Delete App’. Choose both of them and the application will be deleted from your iPhone. The data associated with the app will also be deleted.
- On an iPhone running iOS 15 or later, you have the option of hiding an application. The app will disappear from the home screen and will be saved in your App Library. This can be done by selecting “Remove App,” then clicking on “Remove from Home Screen” rather than “Delete App.”
- Now on an iPad, the procedure of deleting applications is similar. Instead of initially selecting “Remove App,” just click on “Delete App.” After deleting the application its stored data will also be deleted.
Ways to delete the Apps on Android models-
On Android, the procedure is simple too. You have to do the following:
Delete apps by pressing and holding them, then dragging them to the “Uninstall” text at the top right of the screen (next to the trash icon).
Note that if you don’t want to permanently delete apps, you can relocate them to the app drawer on Android.
Guide to delete Apps on Chromebook-
On a Chromebook deleting an app is minute work. Just open the launcher, then take the cursor to the selected application and right-click on it. You will get the option “Uninstall” or “Remove from Chrome” from the drop-down menu.
If you wish to remove apps from Google Chrome, then open “chrome:/apps” in the browser, right-click the chosen app icon, and then select “Remove from Chrome”.
Now its time for you to Remove Apps from Apple Watch!
- You may delete apps from not only your iPhone but also from your Apple Watch in two ways. First is via your iPhone’s Watch app or from the Apple Watch’s apps screen.
- You can press and hold the application icon on your watch. Now uninstall the application by tapping the “x” that appears over the icon. You can delete an app by swiping to the left on it in a list view and then selecting the trash can symbol.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone. Then choose the app in the “Watch” tab, and then select “Show app on Apple Watch”. There’s also an option to disable automatic app installation.
How to Delete Applications on your Apple TV?
Only the newer Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD versions allow you to uninstall or delete apps. If you don’t have that then you’ll only be able to hide them from your home screen page.
The procedure is straightforward: Select the app on your home screen, then press down in the center of the touchpad on your remote until the apps begin to vibrate. Press and hold the select button if you don’t have a touchpad. To access the app’s menu and delete the application click the play/pause button.
Instant Guide to delete Apps on Windows 10
- On Windows 10, deleting applications is a little more tricky, as merely deleting the app folder or file can cause issues.
- To do that open the Settings app and go to the “Apps and Features” page. Now just choose the application and click “Uninstall”.
- Some programs, like Mac PCs, cannot be uninstalled or deleted.
Simple Instructions to delete Apps on Mac-
Please remember that some applications on your Mac can’t be deleted. For deleting the application Launchpad is the quickest way to do so.
To do it, simply open the app and then click and hold it. The app icon should have an “x” in the top-left corner. To remove the software from your Mac, click the “x.”. That’s it! The app will be deleted.
Also Read: Fix the “iMessage Waiting for Activation” Error
Some Easy steps to Remove Apps Apple iOS 13-
- Firstly, select the app you wish to uninstall on your Home Screen, then tap and hold on the icon.
- Click “Rearrange Apps” in the pop-up options.
- After selecting that small “X” icons will emerge at the top of all of the apps to uninstall and also the app icon will start to vibrate.
- To uninstall or delete the application just click on the ‘X’
- You will see a pop-up message, requesting confirmation that you want to delete it. To remove the app, tap “Delete.”
Ways to Clean Apps on Apple iOS 12 and Previous Models-
- Press and hold the icon of the app you wish to uninstall on your Home Screen. Wait for all the symbols on your screen to start vibrating in their place and also little “X” marks will appear at the top of each one, which may take one or two seconds.
- Tap the “X” symbol appearing on the app you wish to get rid of.
- Tap “Delete” on the pop-up option. Else, press “Cancel” and start over with the app you want to delete.
We hope you liked our extensive guide to delete apps on iPhone. Stay tuned for more updates and do not forget to leave your valuable feedback behind.